This accessibility statement applies to the Northern Ireland Public Sector Communications Forum website.
This website is run by Government Communication Service Local. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- some of our PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- not all of our embedded videos currently include voice overs or fully accessible captions
- some pages contain very small text which may be hard to read
- all pages contain low contrast colours which may make it difficult for some viewers to read
- Images on some pages do not always have suitable image descriptions
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille email email@example.com
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 2 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the NIPSCF by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Northern Ireland Public Sector Communication Forum is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the ‘non-compliances’ listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some PDFs aren’t accessible to screen reader software. This doesn’t meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
- Images on some pages do not always have suitable image descriptions. Users of assistive technologies may not have access to information conveyed in images. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (Non-text Content).
- Some content looks like headings but is not. This makes it difficult for screen reader users to navigate the page. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.1 (Info and Relationships).
- Some pages have poor colour contrast. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.1 (Use of Colour).
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 23 September 2020
This website was last tested on 21 September 2020. The test was carried out by the Government Communication Service Local.
The approach we took was to test every page on this website which equaled 11 pages in total.